Learn how to use the Puppet Warp tool to create a variety of poses for your character or drawing.
Start from scratch, or download practice files [http://learndownload.adobe.com/pub/learn/illustrator/make-a-puppet-warp.zip] for a head start. Steps below.
1. Open your drawing, or use ours (puppet-warp-mantis.ai).
2. Choose the Selection Tool. Click and drag to select the character.
3. Choose the Puppet Warp tool. Click to add 3 pins along the mantis’s body, on the neck and head.
Tip: With the Puppet Warp tool selected, choose Window – Properties, then uncheck “Show Mesh” to hide the mesh guide for a clearer work surface.
4. Pose the head and neck: Click the pin close to the head and drag up to elongate the neck. Click the dotted line around the pin to adjust the tilt of the head.
5. Pose the upper arm: Add 2 pins to the upper arm. Move the top joint down and rotate to adjust the angle of the arm.
6. Pose the lower arm: Add 3 pins to the lower arm. Rotate the joint to adjust the angle. Shift+click the last 2 pins and reposition the arm.
To learn more, visit our Illustrator Tutorials page: https://adobe.ly/2lReJyb
Adobe Creative Cloud gives you the world’s best creative apps so you can turn your brightest ideas into your greatest work across your desktop and mobile devices.